Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's been an exciting day.  I went to work after blogging this morning and felt that same incredible spiritual connection to this home.  I so desperately want to live there, to own it, to preserve it and nurture it back to health.  


From the moment I first walked into this house, about 6 months ago now, I knew there was a reason (other than just work, money, etc) for my being there.  It felt right.  It felt serene.  It felt like it was mine.  Already mine.  I believe that even more now.  


After the darkened last days, as if the sun would never shine again and all hope of continuing seemed lost, I returned to this home and immediately upon walking through the gate, I was at peace.  A peace flowed through me as I gazed upon the back yard.  The Chinese magnolia which line the far fence line were all in bloom, dropping fragrant white petals like snow on the ground.  Their aroma drew me as much as their beauty.  It was breathtakingly beautiful.  


I experienced a sense of that peace, that serenity which washed over me like baptismal waters throughout the day and even now I can recall it, bring it back to me.  Serenity, happiness, joy, these are amazing gifts and I am the humble recipient.


grace ~ KM Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment