Thursday, February 23, 2012

Circumstance has created a situation in which I am no longer with the one I love.  I treasure the memories of the love we shared and will always hold him in the highest regards...no matter what you might read on later dates!


I see this as a record of my journey, this new journey into uncharted territory, a territory where I am the  loci of my energy and attention, where I am the author of my own fairy tale (thank you Kelly Swanson) and where I am the Captain and Navigator of my own vessel.


For the next 46 days, I intend to share this journey of change, wonder and exploration as I discover who I am and what it is I want out of life and then bring that into being, completely and fully, in rich and vivid detail.  I will be turning 46 on March 6, so in the midst of this 46 days, I, myself will be 46.  The number of days happens to coincide to the Lenten season, which has held great importance to me for the majority of my life.  46 days commences today and ends on Easter Sunday and so like Jesus, the Phoenix and Stockard Channing, I too, shall rise anew.  


I will make changes in five areas of life over these next few weeks and will share them here.  The areas are: Emotional, Spiritual, Physical, Professional, and Home.  The first four may be fairly obvious, the last refers to the physical site in which I reside.  Lots of changes have occurred which grant me an opportunity to make some more changes and improvements to my domicile.  All these changes, the failed attempts and the rousing successes, I will share here.  Photos will be added as I have them in hand, or more likely, on the Blackberry.  


This being the first day, I made the first, initial change:  I cut off my hair.  What once was long, lying over the shoulder blades, is now short, like K D Lang short, like Rhiana short.  My 13 year old son said when he saw it "Your hair looks great!  You're really starting to look like a dyke!"  I had to explain why it was improper to use the term dyke, then I thanked him.  He commented many times throughout the evening of how much he liked it.


I was not so pleased.  It has been years, six in fact, since I saw a hairdresser on a regular basis.  So I asked for and received recommendations from two women whose hair I admire greatly.  SMH  Didn't work out the way I had hoped.


I thought I gave a thorough but brief description of what I wanted, I thought I pointed to the appropriate pictures in the book, I thought she understood me and my desires.  She scalped me.  Scalped!


I asked for a short to mid length cut, rolling onto the collar, but not hanging on the shoulders, with layers framing the face, soft, feminine curls and instead I look like Johnny Depp circa 21 Jump Street.  Minus the cheek bones...


Alas, I did not have time to color it tonight.  That will wait for the morrow.  Another day, another change.


As time passes, I will discuss more changes, some of the past and moving toward my future.  My future, now that sounds good to me.


With pluperfect love ~ KM Kern

No comments:

Post a Comment